- Mission Details
- What is the mission trip about?
- Who can go for this trip?
- Will spiritual guidance be provided during the trip?
- What preparations are needed before the trip?
- What is the cost?
- How do I sign up?
- Who can I contact for more information?
|Mission Trip:||CHARIS Mission Friendship, Haiyan House-building|
|Date:||29 Nov - 5 Dec 2015 (7 days)|
|Location:||Bogo City, Northern Cebu, Philippines|
|Target Number of Participants:||16 pax|
On 8 November 2013, Typhoon Haiyan, one of the strongest tropical cyclones ever recorded, devastated the Philippines. With winds of up to 235kph, Haiyan is the strongest typhoon ever recorded in terms of wind speed and the deadliest typhoon to ever hit the Philippines claiming the lives of more than 6,000 people.
Among the worst affected areas include Cebu, Leyte and Samar. Last June, after initial recovery and relief efforts, Caritas Humanitarian Aid & Relief Initiatives, Singapore (CHARIS) helped fund the Archdiocese of Cebu in various house-building projects.
Come November, a CHARIS mission team will be deployed to help Bogo City residents with the building of transitional houses. Join us as we work hand-in-hand with our brothers and sisters in need to help rebuild their homes and their lives. Come experience faith in action, the joy of Mission work, and fellowship with team members and beneficiaries.
Volunteers are to be above the age of 21 and are required to attend all pre-trip preparation sessions and briefings.
Yes. There will be spiritually-guided sessions conducted before and during the mission trip.
There will be 3 compulsory pre-trip briefings prior to the mission trip. Your attendance for these briefings is important as you will come to know more about what is expected of you and what you can expect from the trip. Kindly make a note of the following dates and details:
1st Briefing – Tuesday, 20 Oct, 7 pm
- What is Mission Work and what does it entail?
- Introduction to CHARIS
- Information on worksite, accommodation, safety & security situation and work expectation
- Immunisation requirements
2nd Briefing – Tuesday, 17 Nov, 7 pm
- Introduction to the Catholic Social Teachings
- Introduction to the mission team and team-bonding
- Mission itinerary & packing list
- Check individual immunisation readiness
Final Briefing and Formation Session – Tuesday, 24 Nov, 7 pm
- Run through finalised Mission itinerary
- Briefing on departure & flight details
- Mission Formation Session
All briefings will be held at:
Venue: CHARIS office
55 Waterloo Street
#07-02 Catholic Centre
Each volunteer pays the subsidised cost of $550, which will cover their return air ticket, travel insurance, trip accommodation, transport, meals and materials.
To register, please fill up and submit the online form:
For more information, please contact Victoria @ tel 6337-4119 or email: email@example.com